Friday 18 November 2011

Too many cold pills (Day 28)

I barely got any sleep through the night, and I woke up feeling awful.
I had been waking up every couple of hours feeling like I was going to throw up, so I would go to the bathroom and wait but it never happened. For a little while I felt so awful that I slept on the floor in the bathroom. Well, I tried to, but I was feeling so nauseous that I couldn’t.
There were times when I would wake up sweating and shed all my blankets. At one point, I soaked a cloth with cold water in hopes that it would help what I thought was a fever. It did actually help for a little while. But there were other times when I would wake up freezing and unable to find the blankets that I had thrown away earlier.
When I finally got up for the day, figuring that I was too uncomfortable to sleep anymore for awhile, I was hit with a hangover feeling. Obviously I hadn’t had anything to drink, so I began to wonder if it was the effect of too many cold pills. I didn’t think I could get a hangover from them, but I now believe it is possible. And it once again made me wonder if I should have been driving last night.
I didn’t want to move, and my energy level was definitely lacking. I decided to have a shower in the hopes that it would make me feel better. It didn’t.
I thought I could at least get up and answer my emails, because I knew my mom was wondering how my Thanksgiving went, but just going to the trouble of getting my laptop was enough for me. My head was pounding and I just wanted to go back to sleep. Unfortunately, that wasn’t happening for me anytime soon.
So I decided to start cleaning everything in my room, afraid that even if I started to get better, I might touch something with my own germs, and get sick again. I began by doing my laundry, stripping my bed of its sheets and comforter. And then I started with sanitizing wipes, going after every surface and anything I might have touched, or that I might touch in the future.
I wasn’t hungry but I thought I should maybe get something into my stomach, and I needed some fluids. I made myself a smoothie with the last of the yogurt I had in the fridge and started into a new box of Corn Flakes. It was a good combo and I settled in to a Law and Order: SVU marathon. At least I had good television to tide me over during my sickness.
And I am still amused at the beginning of every episode when I see that one of the producers is named Jose Molina. I’m sure it’s a popular name, but it would be hilarious if the Blue Jays backup catcher were working on a crime show in his free time. It just gives me connection between one of my favourite shows and baseball, and that makes everything better.
I painted some more, when I was feeling up to it, but it was pretty much all I could do. I really the hope the people I am painting these Christmas presents for like them, because otherwise I am putting far too much time and effort into the gifts.
I had to cancel my plans with Nicole. We were both going to head to the movies today, in our respective cities, and see the same flick around the same time, so we could come home and talk about it afterward. When she asked me last night I thought if I was well enough today I might be able to go, but I realized early this morning that it wasn’t going to happen for me.
I really wanted to be up for leaving my apartment. I wanted to get some more cold pills, and some drinks and maybe even some Kleenex. But I wasn’t feeling well enough to do any of that.
When my hangover died down I was able to catch a little bit of a nap, but I don’t think it lasted long. I finished all my laundry, but didn’t feel like putting any of it away, so I was only semi-productive on my household tasks today.
I didn’t get through much of anything else. I could have done some work for Baseball America, and I wish I had been feeling well enough to do so, but I didn’t get anything done for them. I thought this weekend would have been a good opportunity for going to the gym, getting work done, and seeing some movies. Now I am just hoping to be able to leave the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment